Digitizing Your Story
Join us on November 4, 2017 for “Community Heritage Day: Digitizing Your Story.” Made possible with support from the National Endowment for the Humanities Common Heritage Program, this event is presented by the Kentucky Folklife Program, WKU Library Special Collections, and the Kentucky Museum.
Free and open to the public. Share a part of your family story!
Learn how to store and protect your family memories!
November 4, 2017 | 9am – 4 pm | Free Admission to the Kentucky Museum
We invite you to bring a selection of items that are significant to your family or our community story (maximum of five). We’ll be digitizing 2-dimensional items and photographing 3-dimensional items. While supplies last, you will be able to take a digital copy home along with your items on a complimentary flash drive. With your permission, copies will also be included in WKU’s Folklife Archive.
For more information, make sure to check out our Facebook event.
Schedule of Events:
- 9:00am-Noon: 3 digitization stations are open for digitizing your story!
- Noon-1:00pm: Learn how to document and research your family’s oral histories. Join us for a special presentation by:
- Sarah M. Schmitt, Kentucky Oral History Commission
- Maria Lewis, WKU Library Special Collection
- 1:00-4:00pm: 3 digitization stations are open for digitizing your story!
- 1:00pm-3:00pm: “Ask an Archivist” booth open – stop by to get advice for storing and saving all your precious objects and memories!
Made possible with support from the: